Postgraduate and Research - Application Requirements
Conditions for Eligibility of Admission into Postgraduate Courses
2. Candidates to be considered for selection must provide updated curriculum vitae and their undergraduate transcripts.
3. A short confidential report on every candidate must be made available to the Committee, covering the internship period performance in a relevant hospital, and their performance in the field with relevant organizations since internship.
4. Candidates to be selected will have to produce to the Committee, a valid certificate of registration with the Medical Council or Board in their respective countries.
5. There will be no minimum or maximum age limit for admission to the University for Postgraduate Courses. The general requirements for entry to Postgraduate courses will apply.
6. Transfer of students: Direct entry to Part II will be possible if a course of approved content has been taken in an approved and acceptable institution with relevant transferable credits. But in this case careful scrutiny will have to be made, including a confidential report by the institution, where the candidate is transferring from. Discontinuation on disciplinary grounds, failure of Part I examination, or less gifted students will not be accepted at HKMU.
7. Same rules and regulations will apply for applicants wanting to join a postgraduate diploma programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Paediatrics and Child Health; which is essentially Part I of the M.Med course of these disciplines.