Students Welfare - Students Medical Aid
Students Medical Aid Scheme at the Mission Mikocheni Hospital (MMH)
2. A student shall access the medical care facilities during the semester, and not when the University is closed for long vacation.
3. A student shall be provided with a treatment card from MMH, after paying the medical aid contribution.
4. A student shall be entitled to both inpatient and outpatient services.
5. A student shall be entitled to the following services:-
b) Prescribed drugs.
c) Prescribed referral to specialist at MMH.
d) Prescribed Lab tests and X-Ray services, with the exception of CT–scan and Dialysis.
e) Conservative dental treatment (Consultation, fillings and Extraction service only).
f) Optical (Sight correction, infections, injuries and glasses of not more than 20,000 Tshs once per year).
g) Minor and major operation procedure not exceeding TZS 240,000 per year.
6. A student shall not be entitled to the following services:
a) Procedures performed for cosmetic purposes.
b) Contact lens.
c) Treatment of infertility.
d) Maternity benefits.
e) Any malignant condition.
f) Cost related to major neurological or orthropaedic complications, which need surgical intervention.
a) Shampoo, including all dandruff shampoos.
b) Mount wash.
c) Soaps, e.g. Dettol soap.
d) Retroviral drugs for HIV.
e) Drugs for chronic conditions (Diabetes mellitus & Epilepsy).